Sunday, August 23, 2015

Boats for Mars!

Over on Thingiverse Devon Jones has been working on Openforege an extensive range of open source dungeon terrain tiles.  I printed up a bunch last year but realized that I would never have time for RPGs so they went to a new home.

However, earlier this year Mr Jones released a set of rowboats and dinghies which will be perfect for the canals of Mars.  There are a few technical tweaks needed but below is the first set of prints.


I like the small boat especially since it is just different enough to say not of Earth. The larger may well get used as a landing craft by Earther forces or maybe even Oh'ktava'ns Marines.

4 comments:

Tony said...

I think they look OK for Martian boats.

Tony

Paul O'G said...

I think they'll work fine.
The one on the left looks like it would suit a mast near the bow for a skiff configuration too

PatG said...

Well spotted, it has a step to do just that Paul.

kmfrye said...

Pat,

Funny, but I was writing up some background on the Hesperian Trade Basin and canal boats feature prominently. Need some swivel guns and belaying pins and an HMS Sand Peebles. : )
K-